Mexican Futbol Section
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.
Latest topics
» It has been awfully quiet.
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyThu Dec 13, 2012 2:29 am by Danny555

» WELCOME NEW MFS USERS!
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyThu Nov 29, 2012 2:43 am by aguila_jalisco V!A

» MFS!: Marco Fabian going to europe?
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 11:19 pm by DewsRandom

» How many Central Americans are there in this section who still watch Central American football?
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyWed Nov 28, 2012 10:58 pm by aguila_jalisco V!A

» Attention all MFS Users and Guests
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyMon Apr 11, 2011 5:28 pm by Admin (Ebays)

» Who will win the cup? Quien ganara la copa?
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyFri Mar 11, 2011 7:18 am by Admin (Ebays)

» this place is dead again
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyThu Feb 24, 2011 4:32 am by Admin (The Wolf)

» CHIVAS REP. MEXICO!
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyThu Jan 27, 2011 6:19 am by i want to make money

» Blanco scores... but Veracruz loses again? I wonder if Blanco is regreting the move yet?
If Chivas decide to allow foreign players EmptyMon Jan 24, 2011 7:17 am by jas

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players

+6
Chiveriotony R*B
el tiro Loko!R*B
aguila_jalisco V!A
D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema
El Chivazteka
SuperKing
10 posters

Go down

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players Empty If Chivas decide to allow foreign players

Post  SuperKing Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:00 am

Let suppose Chivas had decide to give up on the whole Mexican only rule in the 80's after almost 17 years of not winning a championship, would they still be as popular as they are today?

Personally I think if it wasn't for the marketing ploy of fielding Mexican players, Chivas would just be another FMF team today.

Why?

Because of the WC '70, Mexican soccer experienced a boom which resulted a greater interest in football by the entire nation which also resulted in a competitive league. Since the WC '70 Chivas has managed to win only 3 league championships. That's 3 league cups in 40 years.

So has Chivas just become another team? I think so, Chivas in lost in mediocrity.
SuperKing
SuperKing
Nuevo Refuerzo
Nuevo Refuerzo

Back to top Go down

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players Empty Re: If Chivas decide to allow foreign players

Post  El Chivazteka Tue Jan 05, 2010 11:17 am

I dont think that they wouldnt be as popular today. Let's face it, if they had gotten rid of the rule to only field mexican players, they probably would have been able to get some really good players and eventually won a couple more league cups than they have.

I do however agree that a big reason they are popular today is becuase they only field Mexican players. I guess it give the club a bigger sense of pride in that respect. But i can also say, "If it wasnt for Televisa's marketing ploy and money, America would also be just another team." If you want to talk about recent results, Lets talk about the other "big team in mexico". America has 2 league titles in 20 years [b]. Lets face it both teams havent really lived up to theyre supposed status as the elite in Mexican Futbol. Also Cruz azul, another one of mexico's "big teams" has won 1 league title in the past 20 years. If you ask me, all 3 teams have been lost in its mediocrity. And dont give me that, We made the liguilla crap, no one remembers who qualified to the liguillas. People only remember championships.
El Chivazteka
El Chivazteka
El Debutante
El Debutante

Back to top Go down

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players Empty Re: If Chivas decide to allow foreign players

Post  D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:14 pm

Why is it that this Question has nothing to do with America. Yet some Chivistas out of nowhere talk about America.

But don't be surprised if 1 day Chivas decide to get a extranjero knowing Vergara anything can happen. But I agree Chivas would be just another team if it wasn't for only having Mexican players. But I can agree by saying that both America and Chivas need to come back and be the strongest teams in the FMF. That way the ligua will be that much better
D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema
D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema
Starting XI
Starting XI

Back to top Go down

Post  aguila_jalisco V!A Tue Jan 05, 2010 3:20 pm

Hasn't chivas had players born in the u.s. with padres mexicanos? thats considered extranjero to me.
aguila_jalisco V!A
aguila_jalisco V!A
Team Captain
Team Captain

http://www.swagbucks.com/refer/elameca

Back to top Go down

Post  el tiro Loko!R*B Tue Jan 05, 2010 4:54 pm

Fielding all Mexican players is what makes it so popular. It's that tradition to live up to, el orgullo de ser un equipo Mexicano. Oh and bout 3 championships in 20 years or w,e u said, This is what i like about the FMF that there isnt always one or two teams always winning the season, just like in (spain). Chivas will never buy extranjeros, i think with all Mexican playes they can and have proved to be one of Mexicos best team. This liguilla crap is what ruins everything beacuse you dont get to see how the team actually played throughout a whole year and you have little mediocre teams get into la liguilla, (indios,puebla, san luis)..

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players 83505

@ diablitia Azulcrema- America didnt make it for 2 years and were on la tabla del descenso. ive never seen Chivas in such a position before.

Last edited by el tiro Loko! on Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
el tiro Loko!R*B
el tiro Loko!R*B
El Debutante
El Debutante

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiveriotony R*B Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:29 pm

"""So has Chivas just become another team? I think so, Chivas in lost in mediocrity."""

Ok i'm going to tell you one thing our club is popular because of the players we have we have had nothing but Mexican legends like Salvador Reyes...and players like that make us more popular not a television station or world wide publicity..CHivas have not turn into a weak team the liguilla is full of clubs that don't even deserve to be in the Primera like Indios,Chiapas and all the young team that are only like 20 years old..
Chiveriotony R*B
Chiveriotony R*B
Team Captain
Team Captain

http://www.tetrisfriends.com

Back to top Go down

Post  D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:52 pm

@CHIVERIOTONY.... so only Chivas has had Mexican legebds?? so players like Blanco, Zague aren't great players for Mexico. and i guess you get mad since Chivas hasn't made the liguilla 3 times in a row now you decide to talk crap about it. hypocrite if you ask me but then again i am talking to a Chivista
D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema
D!abl!to G aka Azulcrema
Starting XI
Starting XI

Back to top Go down

Post  AFP24 V!A Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:53 pm

i agree 3 titles in 40 years jajajajaja

without the 1960's Chivas= Monterrey
both would be small teams with 3 titles
AFP24 V!A
AFP24 V!A
El Debutante
El Debutante

Back to top Go down

Post  Chiveriotony R*B Tue Jan 05, 2010 6:56 pm

@Diablito let me correct what you said ""so only Chivas has had Mexican legebds??""" i never said chivas was the only Mexican team that has Mexican Legends i said we have and somewhat produce Mexican legends
Chiveriotony R*B
Chiveriotony R*B
Team Captain
Team Captain

http://www.tetrisfriends.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Santos Laguna(Apache) Tue Jan 05, 2010 7:11 pm

they should maybe like 2 or 3 salvadoran players because i have to many salvadoran friends who go for chivas lol jk

i think 1 extranjero would do good one for europe a really good one like fernando torres or gerrard i think that would be bad ass
Santos Laguna(Apache)
Santos Laguna(Apache)
El Debutante
El Debutante

Back to top Go down

Post  El Chivazteka Wed Jan 06, 2010 2:43 am

Why is it that this question has to do about chivas, yet some americanistas take time out of their day to answer it.
El Chivazteka
El Chivazteka
El Debutante
El Debutante

Back to top Go down

Post  campeonisimo_R*B_1906 Thu Jan 07, 2010 10:05 am

and your point is? Yeah they have been mediocre but so have many other big teams.

Their is no "what if". Chivas is Chivas and were the most popular beloved team. period.

If Chivas decide to allow foreign players 83505
campeonisimo_R*B_1906
campeonisimo_R*B_1906
Nuevo Refuerzo
Nuevo Refuerzo

Back to top Go down

Post  El Cabrito R*B Mon Jan 11, 2010 12:20 am

chivas is the most popular and america is 2nd most popular but the most hated. i think its just vergara that's keeping chivas back
El Cabrito R*B
El Cabrito R*B
Team Captain
Team Captain

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum